Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where would you like to go?

Yesterday I asked the class if they would like for me to take them to McDonalds. Of course, the resounding answer was "YESSSSSSS!"....but it wasn't that easy. I told them that I would rather cook at home for them instead and they had to persuade me to change my mind. They did a great job of coming up with good solid reasons why I should take them including: not having to do dishes or clean up, not having to take so much time, and some even offered to pay their own way!
After introducing the concept of persuasion, we completed our first writing assignment for this type of writing. The assignment was to write a letter to our mom/dad/grandparents/etc. persuading them to take us somewhere. Here are a couple examples:

"Dear Mom,
Please take me to Hawii! You want to go to. Its warm there very warm. There's palm trees and a beach. You and me and shelli and Bri and Nee can go. I'll clean my room for a whole Month I promise. We girls could take the trail blazer. Pretty please with Hawii on top. The boys can go mudding. I'll wash the dogs.
Love,
KW"
Written and Illustrated by: KW

"Dear Mom,
Can I go to Thai land? I haven't been there for a while. I would pay for the tickets. Then I would give you the change if we got any change. I would get you a ipod touch that you really want. I would feed the cats every day. I would clean my room. I would try to keep Dakota away from your stuff. That's what I would do if we were going to Thai land.
Love,
CK"
Written and Illustrated by CK

Great job! Ok -- I'm definitely convinced and I'd love to tag along to Hawaii or Thailand with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment