Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thing #3

 There are so many wonderful examples of how teachers are using web 2.0 tools to teach and enrich their students' learning. After looking at several, I found Kathy Cassidy's blog. She is a 1st grade teacher in Moose Jaw, Canada. I love how each student can each make student entries where they can share their own writing. The feedback they recieve is particularly encouraging and I would love to be able to incorporate something similiar on my classroom blog in the future. The use of video and the amount of student work showcased is inspiring and, again, something I'd love to learn how to do!
Another blog that I find entertaining and interesting is Regurgitated Alpha Bits  who shares candidly about the frustrating/inspiring/funny/challenging. This blog is written anonymously by a female teacher aspects that come along with a job in the education world. She describes her blog as "Musings of a teacher who loves her students, hates her job, and mourns the fact that they used to be the same thing." I enjoy her style of writing and can identify with much of what she writes about -- although, I am far from "hating my job" in fact, I quite like it! :)
UPDATE: I have recently found Look at my happy rainbow! - It is a blog written by a male kindergarten teacher. I have loved reading about his "sprouts" and all the funny stories that surround teaching a room full of 5 year-olds. I encourage you to check it out - it will make you smile. Guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment